I have been both a) lazy and unable to get productive and b) working like crazy to get things done. LOL
One thing I have been trying to do is to get my photographs in order. Its not easy when I have a multitude of cameras and photo devices and then too, a number of computers that I use on a regular basis. I need a server and then about six to eight months to get everything organized!
This morning, I have already spent a good chunk of time trying to locate my “before” pictures of this sewing machine cabinet I have completed. Its been done a while and just sitting in my foyer. Today is the day I make it a priority to get it ‘gone’.
A while back, I picked up a couple of sewing machines in cabinets… I mostly got them for the cabinets. I have enough sewing machines that need repair, I don’t need to add to that sewing machines that are forty or fifty years old.
This is the last cabinet to be completed. It originally was just the top with the four drawers down the right side, but I enclosed the other half, added a glass holder and an ice bucket and painted it in a festive turquoise color. The black of the cabinet is such a vivid contrast!
I am just going to show the photos I have found and later will update them.
Its funny as the color photographs different in different light. It really is a wonderful, bold turquoise, reminiscent of the fifties.
Work continues on the dollhouse, I’ve opted to paint all the interior walls and lay all the flooring at the same time (instead of one room at a time). I’ve recently ordered the necessary cabinets for the kitchen and things are moving along. I’ll give you an update soon.
And because I can never be without something for my hands to do, I recently printed out an image of Hello Kitty being a bit irreverent and had it to cross stitch when I was watching a movie or television. So, without further ado:
Another project that I was able to finish was the transformation of these large plastic tubs into Lego storage devices. Me and The Kid love red vines and I have been saving these for something important for some time.
I finally saw this on Pinterest and knew I had to do it. I had six empty buckets and after a few coats of very yellow spray paint, I simply used my paint pens to draw their faces:Alas, The Kid opted not to use them (most of his Legos are gone and he’s a bit too old for these cute storage buckets, so they were given to our pizza delivery guy after he commented that his boy would go “ape shit” over them. (And no, it was not his tip!)
So, now on to working on organization and more dollhouse work.